Hyaluronic Acid – The Latest Skincare Trend
Hyaluronic Acid is the post popular kid on the skincare block – boasting increased hydrates and anti-aging benefits, but what is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a sugar that is naturally produced by the body. The Hyaluronic Acid within our bodies can hold a thousand times its weight in water!
The largest amount of Hyaluronic Acid is found in our skin, connective tissue and eyes. It is a clear ‘gooey’ substance. The main function of Hyaluronic Acid in the body is to retain water, keeping our skin and tissues moist and lubricated.
Our bodies naturally produce Hyaluronic Acid, however the amount we produce depletes with age. Just like collagen and elastin, the decrease in natural production of Hyaluronic Acid is also linked to the physical signs of aging. For example, when we are infants, we produce more Hyaluronic Acid than in our fifties, which is why our joints can feel stiffer and why our complexion can wrinkle as we get older.
Hyaluronic Acid in Skincare
Hyaluronic Acid can draw and hold water within the skin, it is a powerful humectant. Implementing a product (or multiple products) into your skincare regime that contain Hyaluronic Acid can have the following benefits:
- Plump and youthful complexion
- Minimised fine lines and wrinkles
- Guard against DNA damage
- Improve skin elastin and collagen
- Reduce inflammation
- Soothe irritation
- Promote even skin tone and texture
- Deeply hydrate and nourish skin
- Non-comedogenic, it will not clog your pores
G&M Cosmetics have a variety of Vegan registered Hyaluronic Acid skincare products!
If you are after a certified 100% natural anti-aging and acne friendly skincare try:
- P’URE Papayacare Papaya Eye Serum – contains 1.25% Hyaluronic Acid to deeply moisturise and de-puff the under eye area
- P’URE Papayacare Papaya Face & Neck Cream – contains Hyaluronic Acid, Papaya Extract and Bergamot Oil to hydrate and nourish the complexion whilst fighting acne causing bacteria
If you are looking for Vitamin C, brightening and anti-aging skincare try:
- Kakadu Plum Rejuvenating Eye Serum – contains 1% Hyaluronic Acid and Kakadu Plum Extract to brighten and hydrate dark undereye circles
- Kakadu Plum Firming Face and Neck Cream – contains Hyaluronic Acid, Kakadu Plum Extract and Rose Geranium Oil to tighten, brighten and hydrate dull, aging skin